Casting A Circle In A Hurry



Casting A Circle In A Hurry

Stand, sit or lie, according to the situation. raise energy by
tightening your muscles. Visualize it glowing as a ball of purplish-
blue flame within you. Using your projective hand, direct this energy
out from you into a small magic circle. The hand acts as the energy
director. Alternately, send out the energy in a clockwise circle
around you without moving your hand. feel the circle shimmering &
pulsing. If desired & possible, sprinkle salt &/or water around you
to bless the area before creating the circle.

By Laurie Cabot

CASTING THE CIRCLE:


Casting the circle is creating a protective sphere of energy around
you and everything involved in your ritual.
I first light my altar candle.

I stand at my altar (mine is the size of a coffee table) facing
North. I then walk to the North and stand for a moment. I then walk
deosil (clockwise) around my area- a circle about 8 feet in diameter,
ending in the North. I then walk back to my altar, facing North, and
I begin to visualize a sphere of white light (energy) surrounding me,
covering the same area as the circle I "drew" around me- surrounding
me, the altar, and giving me some space to move around if needed. The
sphere is around me, above me, and below me. I then say, "The circle
is cast and I am between worlds." At this point, I would light some
incense to honor the God and incense to honor the Goddess. I would
also say a few words to welcome the God and Goddess and ask them to
witness my rites. If I plan to ask for the assistance of a particular
element, I would do this as well. Each element has a different
correspondence and each is called upon for different purposes. I also
would have something placed on my altar to represent the particular
element. A candle for fire, bowl of water for water, incense for air,
a bowl of soil for earth.

RAISING ENERGY

Once the deities and elements have been invited and I am ready to
begin the actual spell, I then raise my energy. This is one of the
most important parts of spell casting. Raising your energy is
bringing forth all your energy inside you and preparing to release it
at the end of the spell to go out into the world and create the
change you desire. Without raising energy, there can be no change. To
do this, I simply stand at the altar and imagine a white light
(energy) flowing into my body through the top of my head, as well as
up through my feet. I imagine the energy coming together and forming
a ball of light at my chest. As I do this, I tense every muscle in my
body, focus completely on building up every bit of energy I have, and
sometimes say a simple chant. When I feel I have raised all of my
energy, I then relax and sit before the altar and proceed with the
spell.

After the spell is complete, it is necessary to send out the energy
that was raised. This energy is released into the world to create the
change you desire. To do this, I stand at the altar and imagine the
ball of light at my chest once more. I tense all my muscles and begin
to "push" the energy upward. Then, I thrust my arms into the air and
exhale, imagining sending this energy out into the air. When this is
complete, I then ground and center my energies, thank the God and
Goddess for witnessing, bid them farewell, and close the circle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

BROOM SUPERSTITIONS Lore and OMENS