Blessing For A Lammas Feast




Now is the Time if the First Harvest,

When the bounties of Nature give of themselves

So that we may survive

O God of the ripening fields, Lord of the Grain,

Grant me the understanding of Sacrifice

As you prepare to deliver yourself

Under the sickle of the Goddess

 

And journey to the lands of Eternal Summer

O Goddess of the Dark Moon,

Teach me the secrets of rebirth

as the Sun loses its strength and the nights grow cold…

 

(Crumble grains of wheat and let them fall on your altar or table. Take a bite of the ritual fruit and continue…)

 

I partake of the First Harvest,

Mixing its energies with mine

That I may continue my quest

For the starry wisdom of Perfection

O Lady of the Moon and Lord of the Sun,

before Whom the Stars halt their courses,

I offer my thanks

For the continuing Fertility of the Earth.

May the nodding grain loose its seeds

To be buried in the Mother’s breast

Ensuring Rebirth in the Warmth of next Spring…

 

(Consume the rest of the ritual fruit)

 

It is appropriate to plant the seeds from the fruit consumed in ritual. If they sprout, grow the plant with love and as a symbol of your connection with the Goddess and God.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

BROOM SUPERSTITIONS Lore and OMENS