RITUALS TO HONOR LOVED ONES


To Honor Loved Ones
by Sherry Gilles

I use a lovely silver bowl shaped like a shell with wells for three candles
built into it. You can use whatever vessels for candles you might have. I
put
small items in the bowl that remind me of or are from family members that
have died.
You need apple or apple blossom incense since this is associated with not
only Love, but with Samhain in particular.

You will need a pink candle signifying affection, a yellow candle signifying
memories and a white candle, signifying peace.
Place pictures of your family or friends who you want to honor or speak to
spiritually on your altar. Purify your candles, releasing any negativity.

You can anoint your candles with rose oil signifying love and peace if you
choose. You might also choose to carve the symbol of a rune such as Uruz
(strength) on them.
Light the candles and say:

My love for you lives on inside
Your love serves as my spirit's guide
I draw your memories close to me
And remember you most lovingly
Sometimes I talk to you and find
You did not leave me far behind
My friend, my love, my heart, my soul
I bring you close and make us whole

Look closely at the pictures you have assembled. Close your eyes and picture
the faces of your loved ones, saying aloud, or thinking inside about what is
on your mind, what you want to share.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

Goutweed-My Kitchen Witchy Herb of the Week