No-Mold Polymer Skull Beads


I found this site from a link someone emailed me and I was so impressed with their creative mind that I have to share it with you, I want to make some, I love working with clay
check out their website creativekismet.com
You need a bit of white polymer clay, a pencil (with broken tip), a large sewing needle, black paint and a very fine paint brush.   The pencil is the most important tool – make special note of broken tip shape.
 
1. Take a pinch of clay.  2. Roll into a ball.  3. Pinch end to made pear shape.
 
4-7.  Take handy-dandy broken pencil and press into clay making a big indention for the each eye and a smaller one for the nose.
8-10.   Use the tip of the pencil to create a teethy smile.
11.  Using  a needle, carefully poke hole into head (note evil laugh – a must for making skulls).
 
12. When all faces are smiling up at you, bake ‘em at 275 degrees for 5 minutes (I tried 9 minutes first and burned the whole batch. 5 minutes worked much better for me, but baking time may vary).  Allow to cool.
 
13-15.  Carefully paint eyes, nose and mouth with very fine paint brush.  Let dry.

Now, go make something really cool with them. This gave me such inspiration I hope it does you too

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

Goutweed-My Kitchen Witchy Herb of the Week