Gold Wellness Drink & Broth of Life Soup

Recipe: Gold Wellness Drink & Broth of Life Soup


When cold and flu season hits be ready to over power them and stay strong

Things that fight illness out of my holistic cold-fighting wisdom. I've had:
*ocean-fulls of turmeric, ginger & honey tea. 
*broths of all kinds (except chicken, doh)
*vitamin C galore
*chinese herbs
*ayurvedic herbs
*triphala
*more tea
*some aloe
*Umcka (not even sure what this stuff does, but it seems pretty good)
*hot baths with epsom salts, lavender & peppermint
*White flower oil (I practically bathed in it on Sunday)
*a neti pot amost becoming my fifth appendage
*yoga postures like baddha konasana with my king size pillow behind my back
*acupressure points (genius for my headache)
and the hardest to fit in: 
*REST! 
When you're sick
Remember

"What is this cold trying to teach me?"

"Dang, girl!!! Get some rest!!"



Here are two of the recipes that let me survive my day of sickness that I just couldn't take off...

Worth-Its-Weight-In-Gold 
Gold Wellness Drink 
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 a lemon, chopped in half
1+ tsp fresh grated ginger
1 pint hot water 
...once tea is cool enough to drink, add:
1 teaspoon + honey
(if just making a cup, halve this recipe)

Broth of Life Soup
(estimations)
6 stalks celery
1 bunch swiss chard
2 beets + greens
3 carrots
1 bunch of fresh parsley
1 bunch of fresh thyme 
2 inches of fresh ginger, sliced
5 large cloves of garlic 
small piece of kombu
water to cover
--simmer above ingredients covered for 2 hours--
strain & save. Drink as you like to keep you breathing. (Honestly, it's great for congestion)
For a meal if you have the appetite, cook 1/4 c of basmati rice in 3 cups broth. 
If you've had too much ginger tea and you're starting to overheat, top your broth with chopped cilantro. 


Make our illnesses be our greatest teachers-- and may we not forget their lessons!
To a winter of wellness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

Goutweed-My Kitchen Witchy Herb of the Week