CHERi's Healing Chicken Noodle Soup


When my kids are sick, especially my girls, they request homemade soups, mind you they are grown now; each one wants a different kind. Soups they grew up eating at home!
One likes chicken noodle..  I used egg noodles instead of a pasta-type noodle.  My version has onions, celery and carrots.  Do note that this isn't  a very brothy-soup.  It’s meant to be pretty thick and hearty.  My family is very happy with it!
After you make this soup you can put it up in large canning jars or freeze some, keep some on hand for those days when you need some comfort food.
REMEMBER: Every Time I make soup I stir it clockwise with Love and put healthy thoughts into it!!


Chicken Noodle Soup

5 cups of water
5 chicken bullion cubes
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp dried thyme
2.5 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I use the leg quarters sometimes or a whole chicken depending on what's on sale)
1 package (12 oz) egg noodles (frozen) -- I even make homemade noodles which I will add to my blog
1 cup carrots, chopped into bite sized pieces
1 cup celery, chopped into bite sized pieces
1 cup diced onion(we like lots of onion, it cures illness, I used red onion in this batch)
1 whole Garlic, peeled and chopped(use lots of garlic)
1 large can cream of chicken or mushroom soup

You can make the cooked chicken however you want to.  You can even buy a rotisserie chicken from the store.  I use either whole chickens or a bag of leg quarters, just depending what's on sale  I like cooking something in the kitchen awhile on the days I am home and have the time, and it is quite fun to do!

Onto the soup.


1) In large pot, add carrots, celery, water, parsley, thyme, pepper, salt, bouillon cubes.  Bring to boil.
2) Add noodles, onions, chicken.  Bring to boil again.
3) Put lid on, reduce heat and let simmer 20 minutes til noodles are cooked.

Enjoy!  This makes 5-6 bowls of soup for us.  But we also ate the soup with sandwiches, so we didn't have the world’s biggest bowls.  I stored the leftovers in canning jars.  You can also freeze some. When I re-heated it, I did have to add a bit more water as those noodles really soak it up!

I actually like to double this whole recipe and that way I know I have some for those days when someone calls and says: "MOM, I'm sick, I want Soup"!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

BROOM SUPERSTITIONS Lore and OMENS