Full Moon Magick



Full Moon Magick
* The Full Moon (180 degrees - 224 degrees) reflects the golden
glory of the Sun, lighting the night for ritual or planting and other agrarian tasks. Crystals, herbs, and oils bathed in this Moon's light will be energized and ready to dedicate for
pathwork. Consolidate efforts to move toward completion in
short-term projects. This is the last of the big energy in this cycle available for growth, but major undertakings still aggressively be set in motion. Look to the mythology of
Midsummer to find a more profound meaning of the Full Moon.

The
Full Moon period signifies the peak of the waxing Moon energy...a great time to focus on spiritual, magical energies in order to direct them through meditation or personal ritual.

* Time: Approx..14 days after new moon (energy lasts from three
days before to three days after actual Full Moon)
* Goddess Associations: Danu, Cerridwen, Gaia, Aphrodite, Isis
* Magickal Attributes: Manifesting goals, nurturing, passion, healing, strength, power.
* Conjuring: The Full Moon is a time of great power. All rituals of balance in life or a situation can be done at this time. Full moon magick is like a white candle - all purpose. Short term
projects may have concluded now and it is time to give thanks for the blessings that have come your way. The full moon is also a time of legends, reading them, studying them and making your own.

Full Moon Ritual

 Go to a beach or pond, somewhere that you can
 be left alone while standing on the shore, gather up
 some nice smooth stones and open your circle, but do
 it close to the water's edge. Then pick up one of the
 stones empowering it with a wish for yourself or
 someone you care about, look up at the moon, then at
 it's reflection on the water and skip the stone out
 into the water...you can add all kinds of different
 elements to this and it can be a lot of fun. (I like
 to think of the ripples from the stones as echos of
 magick being carried to all the shores.) Make as many
 wishes as you want before closing your circle and
 don't forget what you wished for...
***************************************
FULL MOON RITUAL

You will need:
a beautiful white flower (a gardenia is perfect) floating in a
crystal or glass bowl filled with spring water.

Place the bowl somewhere where the moon's rays can fall on it and
recite the 'Charge of the Goddess' as you gaze at the moon to honour
the Goddess.

"I who am the beauty of the green earth and the white moon among the
stars and the mysteries of the waters... I call upon your soul to
arise and come unto me. For I am the soul of nature that gives life
to the Universe. From me all things proceed and until Me all things
must return. Let my worship be in the heart that rejoices, for
behold - all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals. Let there be
beauty and strength, power and compassion, honour and humility, mirth
and reverence within you.

And you who seek to know me, know that your seeking and yearning will
avail you not, unless you know the Mystery, for if that which you
seek you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.
For behold I have been with you from the beginning and I am that
which is attained at the end of desire."

(The original Charge was written by Doreen Valiente in the 1970's.
The above version is a slightly modified version by Starhawk.)

After meditating for a while on the moon, leave the flower floating
in it's light. The next day wear the flower in your hair or pinned to
your dress for luck, or you can dry it as a charm to leave on your
altar.

Full Moon/Earth Rite


If you are inside, you will need a bowl of earth or a potted plant.
Consecrate the altar, cast the circle.

Invocation to the Goddess:

Great Goddess
Who shines for all
Who flows through all
Light of the world
Maiden, Mother and Crone
Many who is One
I invite you to my circle
Touch me, change me, make me whole.

Invocation to the God:

Horned One come!
Lord of the winds, Lord of the dance
Sunchild, winter-born king
Guardian of the Gate
I invite you to my circle
Move me, touch me, change me.

Lady of the Moon, lunar Goddess
Puller of seas
I greet your celestial jewel at the waxing of its power.
With a rite in your honour
Lady, all names are yours.
Aphrodite, Kerridwen, Diana, Isis
and many more.

With your Lord by your side, I give you due honour and invite you to join me on this, your special night.

Earth Meditation: Sitting on the ground, place your hands on the dirt beneath you and visualise the Earth as a bluish-white sphere of energy. Feel your energy moving into the Earth and block out all thought of the ravages to which you have subjected Her. Feel yourself planting spirit roots deep into the Earth, lending Her your energy and strength while drawing energy from her. Picture yourself rooting deep, deep, past the layers of soil and down into the heat and warmth of the inner Earth. Meditate until you feel the strength coursing through you, to and from the Earth.

Chant: The Earth is my home, from Her surface I pull food and healing plants, animals graze atop Her, I feel Her strength beneath me.

(pause while opening the energy flow)

Now give thanks to the Goddess and God for that which sustains. Bread and wine/juice consumed.

Closing the circle:

Chant: Lord and Lady, thank you for sharing this time with me. My thanks for watching over me, guarding and guiding us. Go if you must, stay if you will, but remember that you are always welcome here. The circle is open yet unbroken. So mote it be.

Spirits of the North, East, South, and West, thank you for watching over me. Go if you must, stay if you will, but remember you are always welcome here. The circle is open yet unbroken. So mote it be.


***************************************************

Solitary Full Moon Ritual

The ritual can be performed indoors as well as out. Try to have a a
type of representation of the Full Moon floating in the water, it may be
made of white paper or use a white flower, so long as you cannot see its
reflection.

Items you will need:

a bowl of water
White paper Moon or a White flower

Raise the bowl towards the Moon in the sky and say these words;

'Hail to thee white swan on the river. Present life, tide turner, moving
through the streams of life, all hail.
Mother of old and new days, to you, through you, this night we cling to
your aura.
Pure reflection, total in belief, touched by Your presence, I am in your
power and wisdom.
I praise Your power, your peace, my power, my peace.
I am strong, I praise, I bless.'

Replace the bowl on your altar. Stand for a few moments while
appreciating the power of the Moon.
*****
Full Moon Ritual

The full and new moon rites are a celebration of the moon and Her
cycles,as well as a celebration of us.

What you will need:
Your tools Silver or white candle White altar candle A view or picture of
the moon

Setup:
Place the silver or white candle next to your altar candle.
Position your altar so that you can see the moon.
Perform a meditation.
Cast your circle.
Raise your arms over your head,palms up,while saying:

"OH GREAT MOON,I AM HERE BEFORE YOU,IN YOUR LOVING GRACE."

Take the cauldron of earth hold it toward the moon and say:
"OH GREAT MOON,BLESS THIS EARTH."
Take the silver or white candle and place it in the cauldron.Light it and say:
"OH GREAT MOON,HEAR ME.""OH GREAT MOON,THEE I ADORE,I HONOR,I RESPECT."

Kneel and say:
"I HONOR YOU ON THIS SPECIAL NIGHT.""HEAR ME. BLESSED BE."

Now close your circle.Point your athame down and release while saying:

"MAY THIS ENERGY BE USED BY OTHER ON THEIR PATH." "SO MOTE IT BE."

Let the silver or white candle burn itself out.If you decide to do a
spell,perform it before closing the circle and point your athame up
instead of down.Then close your circle.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

BROOM SUPERSTITIONS Lore and OMENS