Happy Spring I welcome you





Spring blessings to my readers out there, Here the first day of spring wasn't the nicest of days, it was chilly and we have had a little crazy weather here, in the 80's for a day then down to freezing and hearsay of rain although we haven't had near the rain that we need here in Oklahoma.

I have however went forward with Spring plans and been on a cleaning and cooking kick. It started with a good cleaning of my vacuum and then a deep vacuuming of the rooms with carpets, then a good shampoo, I make my own shampoo cleaner and a room febreeze that is easy to do. I will post those recipes here. Then I did a good house cleansing with sage and lavender. Once I felt the house was cleansed throughout with a good smudge, I moved to the kitchen , giving a good wipe down to counters and dusting around. Once that was done I felt so amazing and inspired I knew I had opened the house to welcome spring in and I am ready for new things and happy days ahead.

My recipe for Homemade Cleaners

What you'll need:
1/8 Cup of fabric softener (I used Downy April Fresh)
2 tablespoons Baking Soda
Hot tap water
Spray bottle (I used my empty 27 oz. Febreze bottle)

Preparation:
Using a funnel, pour fabric softener and baking soda into your spray bottle. Fill spray bottle with hot tap water and shake well. Don't forget to twist the nozzle over to the LOCK position if you're using a Febreeze bottle, or you might fall on your hiney. Now go spray every fabric surface in your house and take a nap on your very comfortable and now un-stinky couch. :)

Store-bought Febreeze: $5.59
Homemade Febreze: $0.15
Total Savings: $5.44 OR  97.3%!
*
Homemade Soft Scrub

1/4 cup borax
Vegetable oil based liquid soap
1/2 teaspoon lemon oil

In a small bowl, mix the borax with enough soap to form a creamy paste.
Add the lemon oil and blend well. Scoop a small amount of the mixture
onto a sponge, wash the surface, and rinse well.

*

All-Purpose Cleaner

1 (16 oz.) bottle rubbing alcohol
1/2 cup sudsy ammonia
1 teaspoon liquid dish soap, like Dawn or Joy

Pour ingredients into empty gallon container or empty gallon milk jug.
Fill the rest of the container with water. Put into spray bottle and
refill as needed.

*

Kitchen Sanitizer

8 ounces water
60 drops thyme essential oil

Combine in a sprayer bottle and spray on surfaces to be disinfected.
Wipe dry. Shake well before each use.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

BROOM SUPERSTITIONS Lore and OMENS