CRAFTING & CASTING YOUR OWN SPELLS



I get told all the time, "I don't know how to cast a spell" from newbies to studied witches, well what are you waiting for? Any Witch worth the cost of her broom can craft a spell — yes even you. It does take a little effort and some study to do so, but here I will lay out the basics of what you need now no more excuses get down to it.

Maybe you are one of those people who are all wrapped up in the fantasy and hocus-pocus of it all and you are waiting for the lights to flash and thunder to crack first. Maybe you think that because you don't get sparks to fly from your wand when you wave it, you don’t have the magick necessary to create and cast your own spell. Hogwash! This isn't Harry Potter land, that's all a nice dream, or is it, anyway it doesn't work like that but it is time to do your magickal thing. Stop Procrastinating.

Creating a spell is like baking a cake, you just need to decide what ingredients will be best for the final turnout. Even if you never cook, you’ve made a sandwich. Basically the Same idea. The first thing you have to do is decide what kind of bread you are going to use, white, wheat or pita? What meat will you use, Will it be a simple peanut butter sandwich or will you go deluxe and include lettuce, tomato, onion, peppers, meat, cheese and dressing? This is the same thing you do when you get ready to create and craft a spell.

You decide how easy or how complicated you want your spell to be. Next, you decide what form it will take. Will it be just Spell Speak? A candle-burning ritual? Perhaps you need a poppet, a mogo or a voodoo doll? A magickal tea, tincture? Magickal soaps, oils or potion? Next where do you want to do this spell, indoors or outdoors? That settled, you move on to the Magickal Correspondences and begin selecting your ingredients. Using your intuition, you might decide to add other items as well.

You can craft a Spell any time, but the first thing to consider before casting it is the phase the Moon is in. If the Moon is Full or Waxing, it is a good time to do spells designed to bring things to you. If the Moon is New or Waning, you’ll want to do spells designed to get rid of things you no longer want in your life. Easy way to remember this as I was taught a long time ago, WAX ON-INCREASING MAGICK, WAN OFF-LET GO OR ENDING MAGICK!! We’ll pretend the Moon is Waxing, and we can do a spell to bring something we want into our lives. My very first spell was to bring money, and I can always use some more $$$, I am sure you can too.

Let’s craft a brand new Money spell together.
Since this is a lesson, and I get asked for all the details, we’ll make ours a super spell and use all of the bells and whistles.

Checking our Magickal Correspondences we see that green is for luck, so we'll use a green candle.
Next we’ll look at our list of Herbs and see if we have an incense on hand that is good for a Money spell.

Money herbs include:
Allspice, Basil, Calamus, Cascara Sagrada, Cedar, Chamomile, Cinquefoil, crown of Amaranth Flowers, Chicory, Clove, Comfrey, dill, Fenugreek, Galangal, Ginger, Jalup Root (High John), Jasmine, Lucky Hand, Mandrake, Marjoram, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Pine, Vervain

Lucky for me, I have some Patchouli incense. Perfect! I'm thinking, a Charm Bag would be good for my spell. Then I can put it in my purse and let it do it's magick. Since I know that Green is the color for Money, I’ll check my Witches Trunk and get out a small green drawstring bag, I make up a few to have on hand, when I have nothing else to do and want to sit and sew, that helps put me in a good mood.

You should always put herbs in a charm bag, Since it is a magickal thing, I’ll want to include a magickal number of different herbs. There are 24 Money herbs on my list, so I can choose 3, 4, 6, 8 of them for my bag. I’m not completely broke right now, so I know I can get by with using just 3 herbs.

I have most of the herbs in my Witches Trunk, so I could use any of the ones on the list, but since I’m making a charm Bag, I’ll want to choose herbs that are kind of sturdy and not prone to a lot of “dust” like the grassy and flowery herbs can generate when handled. Herbs that are like nuts or seeds will be my first choice, followed by roots. Looking at my herbs, I’ll select Allspice, Clove and Lucky Hand.

I love rocks and gemstones and find them to be very effective in my spells, so the next thing I’ll look for are gemstones that are good for drawing Money.

Checking the Magickal Correspondences I see that there are a lot that can work,
gemstones for luck:
Bloodstone (increasing business), Lodestone (favors), Sapphire or Topaz,Jade, Opal, Aventurine, Lodestone, Garnet, Amber, Tiger's Eye, Pearl, Sapphire, Topaz, Chrysoprase, Emerald, Blue Tourmaline (business success), Amethyst (makes expert in business),Chrysophase, Carnelian, Turquoise, Moonstone, Jasper

With my Green candle and Green Charm bag, I’m tempted to go for the Aventurine and because I like Moonstone and it's coming up on the full moon soon, I'll add a piece of that too.
That gives me three green things for my spell. That magickal number three again!
I think that since I’m doing a Money spell, it might be wise to include a little “seed money” in my Charm Bag. I don’t know about you, but when I think of coins, Gold and Silver ones come to mind. Obviously I don’t have any pure Gold or Silver coins available, but I do have some dimes and they look silver to me. I’ll select 3 of them to go into my Bag.

Okay, I think that’s enough stuff to fill my Charm Bag. I also have some luck drawing oil so I will add a drop or two to my Charm Bag.

I’ll also need a small dish of Salt for my Ritual, so I’ll get that ready.

Now that I have all of my Magickal Ingredients, I need to think of a little Spell Speak to chant over my rm Bagh when I craft it.
Sometimes I just can’t think of any Spell Speak. When that happens, I’m ready. I have a selection of chants in my Book of Shadows that are pretty general and can be used for a lot of things. I could use one of those if I wasn’t feeling inspired to come up with something new.

I will often name off the ingredients I am using in my spell when I write my Spell It helps to put the magick into it, I also like for my Spells to rhyme though, so if I can’t make a rhyme out of the ingredients I’m working with, then I might put my spell into words that do rhyme without the ingredients.

In this case, I am using Allspice, Clove and Lucky Hand. I’m using three dimes so I could try to use the words “three” or “dimes”. “Three” seems easier. And let’s not forget my Green theme. Green candle, green charm bag, green Aventurine and Moonstone Let’s try this:
“Money green As yet unseen, By the power of three, Come to me.
Allspice, Clove and Lucky Hand, Bring the cash and make my bank account expand.
So Mote It Be!.”
That should work fine, you could work at writing these spell verses all day, but I have to stop and get on with this one.

Let’s write it up like we’ll say it on a nice piece of parchment paper using Dragon’s Blood Ink for extra power:
Money green
As yet unseen,
By the power of three,
Come to me.
Allspice, Clove and Lucky Hand,
Bring the cash and make my bank account expand.
So Mote It Be!

Now we are ready to cast our Spell. I’ll put every thing on my Altar and we will be set. I’ve got my Green candle and my Patchouli incense in their holders. I’ve set out my dish of Salt and my vial of Luck drawing Oil. My Green Charm bag, herbs and dimes are setting on my Altar plate.

I ground and center myself and focus all of my attention on the task at hand. I light the candle and incense. After taking in the smell of the incense and spending a moment looking at the candles flame to see how it’s burning, I pick up my Charm Bag and slowly fill it with the herbs I’ve chosen. As I do this, I imagine my purse having more cash than normal. I envision my bank account showing a new larger balance. I picture myself opening a letter that contains a check. I visualize money coming to me from every source I can think of. I even imagine seeing my accounts with a zero balance and bills with no payment due.
When the Charm Bag is filled with the Aventurine, Moonstone and the herbs and the dimes, I close it up and begin my blessing ritual. I hold the bag over the dish of Salt and say:
“Power of Earth, bless my work.”
I move the Charm Bag over the incense smoke and as I do, I say:
“Power of Air, bless my work.”
Then I hold the Charm Bag over the candle flame and say:
“Power of Fire, bless my work.”
I set down the Charm Bag and with my finger, I dab a drop of the Luck Drawing Oil onto it. As I do this, I say:
“Power of Water, bless my work.”
Finally, I hold my Charm Bag up high in the air and say:
“Power of Spirit; all ye gods and goddesses, bless my work.”
I set the Charm Bag on my Altar Plate and holding my hands over it, palms down, I say my Spell Verse:
Money green
As yet unseen,
By the power of three,
Come to me.
Allspice, Clove and Lucky Hand,
Bring the cash and make my bank account expand.
So Mote It Be!

I take the piece of parchment paper the Spell is written on and I touch it to the candle flame. When it catches on fire, I place it into my cauldron and watch it burn up.
With that, my spell is cast and my work is done. I will leave my Charm Bag on the Altar plate while I put away my unused supplies. I throw away the Salt in the dish. Since I’ve used a small spell candle, I will just let it burn out over the next hour or so. The incense will burn out in a few minutes. I’ll leave my Charm Bag on the Altar until the candle goes out, then I’ll place it in my purse and just wait on the Money I can now expect.

You can keep the Charm Bag for as long as you wish, but should you decide to dispose of it, there need not be any big tado. You could craft your spell with the thought that you will do something special when you are ready to dispose of the Charm Bag, like toss it into a body of flowing water like a river or creek or bury it, but you don’t have to. You can craft the Charm Bag from the beginning with the thought that when you no longer need it, you will simply throw it away. Think about it. Your household trash goes to a dump somewhere, doesn’t it? They eventually bury the trash, don’t they? So, if you live in an apartment and can’t take the Charm Bag outside and bury it, don’t worry. Just put it in your household trash and let the city or county workers do the job of burying it for you.
That, my friend, is how a Witch crafts and casts a Spell. Difficult? No. Now go craft one of your own!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

Medicinal Pickled Garlic

BROOM SUPERSTITIONS Lore and OMENS